?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Andy M.
creamynougat
.:.. ..

June 2009
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Andy M. [userpic]
Questioning Everything

I'm on the tail end of one of the most grueling shifts since 1999. In getting a report out the door, I have slept about 6 hours over the past 2 days, and have spent around 35 of the past 48 hours in the office. Upon this 1100+ page monstrosity, I am considered a minor contributor, and I will not be given many accolades.

I'm tired, I'm beat, and I still ain't got a raise, nor do I get to charge overtime on any of that.

Bitch bitch bitch...whine whine whine.

You know the homeless people that I really feel sorry for? The ones that insist on giving a 2-minute speil about why they need your money.  I guess they think they're investing in a sure thing. But I end up feeling bad for being nice (as in, I let them go on, and I don't stop them immediately to tell them not to bother). The average homeless guy gets to the point immediately, and doesn't spend more than 5 seconds in asking. But these guys want to let it go on and on. I always feel bad (well, not always, sometimes the beggars are dressed better than I am), but I feel worse for letting them waste their time. Maybe if I actually did give money, I wouldn't feel so bad. But between the frequecy of the requests and what I usually sense is a high level of bullshit, it makes more sense to donate to a cause that would help them. But I'd rather donate to an environmental cause...damn. 
Also, it does get on my nerves. I try to be compassionate, but in the past year, 98% of the people who strike up conversations with me on the street are people who want money [the other 2% are people trying to get me to register for their political party - who are even more annoying...let me vote the fucking way I want to - except I can't vote in the US, so haha, no blood on my hands]. Regardless, I admit to becoming very New Yorker in that I treat bums with a little less manners than I should, just because it happens so often.

Anyways...sleep on it. Sweet sleep.

Comments
Blowing up undead nazi leaders

Is the best cure for what ails you. Get thee to Bionic Commando Rearmed, STAT.

Re: Blowing up undead nazi leaders

If you know me at all, Jay, you know that I have been rocking sexy zombie Hitler/Leader any chance I have! I haven't finished it yet, but am looking forward to seeing exploding-Hitler-head in high-def.